Friends of Realms (FoR) Fundraising & Development Coordinator
Do you have a passion for Expeditionary Learning (EL Education) and innovative public school education? Are you an experienced events manager and fundraiser? Have you run fundraising campaigns and successfully solicited sponsorships? Friends of Realms (FoR), a Bend-based non- profit that supports Realms Middle and High Schools, is looking for a skilled, experienced and passionate Fundraising & Development Coordinator to support the schools’ unique programs.
The FoR Fundraising & Development Coordinator will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating fundraising activities; collaborating with the Friends of Realms Board of Directors and school staff; and engaging with community partners, business sponsors and stakeholders. S/He will bring a combination of event management, campaign design and implementation, top-notch people skills and passion for innovative education.
The Fundraising & Development Coordinator will ensure an existing repertoire of events and campaigns is successful and cost-effective, managing both budget and timelines. S/He is able to represent Friends of Realms and the schools to businesses, donors and community partners when seeking donations and sponsorships. S/He is, above all, a skilled project manager who also understands marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see enthusiastic professionals with fresh ideas, self-motivation and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event or campaign to chance.
● Manage existing events and campaigns from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
● Prepare and manage budgets, fulfill financial activities and report on outcomes
● Engage local businesses to increase sponsorships for events
● Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
● Develop and implement communications plans, including social media for fundraising activities
● Oversee in-person support (volunteers, school staff, FoR board members, etc.)
● Collaborate with Parent Action Crew (PAC)
● Ensure events and campaigns are completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
● Collaborate with FoR Board of Directors to plan and evaluate fundraising efforts and
develop new activities to pilot
● Maintain and update Procedure Manuals to document fundraising activity processes and materials
● Evaluate fundraising activities upon completion and suggest ideas to improve them
● Liaise with school principals in support of fundraising program
● Serve as chair of the Fundraising Committee for FoR Board
Key qualifications and experience desired
● Proven experience as an event manager
● Skilled in project management
● Knowledge of promotion techniques for event management
● Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office and Google platform; able to learn web-based management tools, e.g., Mailchimp, WordPress, Eventbrite, PayPal
● Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
● Excellent organizational skills and writing ability
● A knack for problem-solving
● Sales skills and an aptitude for building positive business relationships
● A team player with leadership skills
● Knowledge and connections in the Central Oregon business and education communities
● Grant-writing experience a plus
● A passion for public schools and EL education
About Friends of Realms
Friends of Realms is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the unique programs at Realms Middle School and Realms High School—both public, choice schools within the Bend-LaPine School District.
Compensation and Time Commitment
Friends of Realms anticipates the time period for this position to be roughly 15 Aug 2020 through 15 June 2021 with potential renewal for the following school year. The anticipated time commitment is 50-65 hours per month over ten months.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The position requires working some evenings and weekends. It is possible that, as the fundraising platform grows, the position and compensation can expand as well. The potential for a bonus structure is an option depending on the candidate’s ability to pursue and obtain additional fundraising opportunities outside of the Friends of Realms’ current strategy.
How to apply
Send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com by 26 March 2020. No phone calls please.